Sunday, October 25, 2009

What is intermittent fasting?


Answer:
Intermittent fasting isn't the kind of fasting that is done by people with eating disorders. This would not be for them. With intermittent fasting, you don't really restrict calories, you restrict the frequency that you eat each day. I do intermittent fasting and what I do is fast for 20 hours and eat for 4 hours. I mostly eat my regular low carb diet but during the 4 hour feeding window, i eat as much as I want. For example, I didn't eat until 3:00 today. I had 2 tiny lamb chops and greens that were cooked in coconut oil. For dinner which was about 3 hours later, I had a pice of steak, eggs, sliced tomato and lettuce salad. I ate some nuts and low carb yogurt,in between the 2 meals. I also had a V8 and plenty of water. Now I won't eat again until 3PM tomorrow. Basically I eat twice a day. Some people eat once a day or twice every 2 days. Everyone does it in a way that fits their health factorsIf you consider how cavemen or Native Americans, Aborigines etc. Those cultures that relied on the hunter gatherer lifestyle, did not eat 3 meals a day with a snack in between each meal. They ate once and gorged on their food because they had no idea when their next meal would be. They had no concept of diet, health, insulin, food pyramid, thyroid problems etc. All they had time for was survival and they survived quite well without the threat of diabetes or heart disease lurking over their shoulders. This is why scientists have been interested in looking into this concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What is the average © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net