Sunday, October 25, 2009

What is the average resting pulse for a pregnant woman?

My pulse beats about 110 bpm and that is when I am resting...I am 32 weeks pregnant. Isn't that a little high?
Answer:
It probably depends on what your average resting pulse is when you're not pregnant. A pregnant woman has more fluids, more blood, than when not pregnant--to support her growing baby. Your heart is working harder right now, pumping more blood. My ave. pulse rate is 77 bpm. I don't know what it was when I was pregnant but I do know it was higher. It would occasionally feel like my heart was beating so fast it was going to pop out of my chest! Sometimes just felt like flutters. If it concerns you, or if you're feeling bad PLEASE go see your doctor. Good luck!
p.s. is this your first child? If so, take some of the advice being given to you...and I'm sure you're getting advice from all directions, even strangers like me...GET SOME SLEEP! Your whole world is about to change. Congratulations!
It should be between 90 and 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What is the average © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net